Monday, May 9, 2011

Walk Like Enoch



The Word tells us Enoch walked his whole life with God and one day he continued to walk until he was no more! What a picture that displays in my mind; to walk with God every day of my life. That we would be so close that I would lose all attachments here on earth and continue on with the Lord until that day He calls me to my eternal home; more of Him and less of me.

There is a song I like to sing about the Lord's all-consuming fire. May it continue to burn in me until all that is left is JUST what I need. Then there is that all old song about standing on the rock and all else is sinking sand! I believe Enoch accomplished his life journey and fulfilled God's purpose in his life!

Sometimes to make this a reality we must be willing to give up relationships. Sometimes we must be willing to be casted aside and yes loose our mother, father, brother, sisters, and even our children and grandchildren of this world so that we may continue to walk without the baggage of distraction and sin!

One thing I know for sure, without the Holy Spirit's indwelling I could not walk with God. The Holy Spirit makes me aware of my shortcomings (sin) and gives me empowering strength to continue on.

This place in which I live has many distractions that try to lure me away from the divine presence that I so desperately need in my life. My heart's desire is to say no to man and no to temptations and yes to God no matter what people say or think. No matter how many times my feelings may get hurt, I will continue my walk until the end. I will be determined to become a friend of God like Enoch and walk until that day He takes me home

I will be grateful and thankful of the many gifts, miracles, and blessings God has given me. Thankful to be used as an instrument of His love and consider it a privilege to walk in healing and deliverance touching others so they may be free.

Believe me when I say this. I know I remain with shortcomings. There are times when I ignore the prodding of the Holy Spirit. And there are times of not being grateful. I should be praising Him all day long. Those are the days of pity parties and sin! When I look back or notice my joy is lifting, I am more determined to seek His face and not allow those around me to persuade me into wrong doing or wrong thinking. I will not fall into man's law, man's doctrine, and mans tainted ways.

The Word tells us to seek, knock and the door will be open. May we continue to do so to deepen our relationship with Him. Getting closer to God means not to fear man. It means giving up our old traditions and old teachings of man. It means to be open to change and have the willingness to yield to the Spirit's touch, teachings, and reprimands.

No matter what we have experienced of God in life these things that try to rob you of your joy! It does not matter for Jesus suffered much much more just so He could walk with us!

Today think about things that hinder your walk! Think about those who have injured your ego! Then ponder the Love of the Father. Ponder the Cross. It is worth it! Dig deep within. Ask the Holy Spirit for that enduring power to fulfill you in every way. He is able if you are willing.

Let us walk together until we are no more!

No comments: